View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audibleguy View Post
Just my two cents on the ultrasonic cleaners that I and my audiophile friends have or have had;
-Audiodesk, regular, pro and pro x models, all have failed in one way or another and the support from dealers and mfg. has been poor, one dealer has told us your lucky it lasted that long (regular and pro models), also the mfg. always wants to "blame" the user for premature failures, (failed after cleaning only 50 records, failed after 2 years of non-constant useage, and they also want to charge $2000 to $2500 for a newer model after you paid $4000 for a new one). Come on $4000 for a record cleaner that doesn't last and constantly breaks down!
Degritter- we have used this machine and it cleans well, seems to be well built, and mfg. is good to deal with
KL Audio- while they may build a decent machine back when they were first in business and now, how can you trust that they will "stay in business", since they raised the price substantially and may not sell as many machines at the higher price.
Many of us in the audiophile world have some knowledge of manufacturing and quality control and should not just take the sales jargon of the mfgs., distributors, and dealers without doing due diligence and questioning these questionable machines.
Thanks
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill