View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 03:02 PM

This feedback may or may not help, I have 2 of the older KLAudio RCMs and they are great units. There is an argument to be made for the Degritter and its ability to use cleaning fluid, however I have cleaned hundreds of 78s that are far dirtier than any sleeved LP you'll come across in my first KLA with great results. You can literally see the funk in the water after cleaning maybe 10 records, this doesn't happen with LPs. So IMO, the usage of cleaning fluid isn't a factor.

The new KLA uses an external water tank (plastic jug), which I think is both a good and bad thing. Bad in that it is more things to hook up and seems like more of a DIY home solution. The Degritter's removable tank is a nice feature and one of the main reasons I have considered purchasing one and selling one of my KLA units.

I'm a fan of KLAudio, their service is great, but if I was just diving in with my first ultrasonic RCM I'd have to lean toward the Degritter. With a dealer discount, it's half the price of the KLAudio. That $3,000+ price delta can buy a heck of a lot of records or a cart upgrade for your TT. Of course this is all just my 2 pennies.