View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Semi-audiophile

In my battle against cable clutter, I've had an idea. I hooked up my VPI 'table directly to the C2300 originally, but abandoned that due to the fact that I was impatient to break in the tubes and knew I'd use the line stage far more than the phono section. Plus, I had to fill in empty shelves on my racks, right? So the phono preamp went back in.

Now, it occurs that if I put the phono into the 2300 I will be able to eliminate one power cord and one pair of interconnects. Plus, I could even take out two shelves. Time to do some sample reconfig diagrams, before I start unplugging or pulling stuff out of the system though. One friend already doesn't like the idea; she says things are nice and balanced as is. I attached a current configuration photo from a few months back, and one with the 12TC in place to see how that looks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0114.jpg (80.6 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0122.jpg (93.9 KB, 172 views)
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks