View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 05:52 AM

Thanks much to Serge for posting the videos. I have been extremely busy and have endoscopic surgery today but I wanted to comment since I have numbers 39 and 40. The XVX is absolutely the first speaker I have been 100% satisfied with. It sounds amazing at 1 watt. It sounds amazing at 120 watts. I told a good friend of mine who also owns one and has a much better writers vocabulary that even he has exhausted superlatives. I'll leave the description of the sonics to him.

It turns out the A-frame was no issue at all. I think the XVX sounds better in my room, all things being equal, than either my previous Alexx or Maxx3. The final tweak for me was the new improved Thor and getting the 3-4 dB 40 Hz bass peak tamed by placing the phase at 90 degrees.

I believe I was fortunate to have a good competent dealer to install. It only took them about 3 hours from the time they arrived but the Alexx had been removed and they had it all planned out. I took a long walk and when I returned was surprised that they were finished.

However, they had to return twice. I watched the videos carefully. I noted all their points. If the installation had been 100% the first time I would have not appreciated the video nearly as much.

I hope everyone is having a good holidays.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 12-22-2020 at 05:57 AM.