View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackpad View Post
I have no idea, I guess it is possible to open the case and find out.
It is a motorized volume control.

I like the feature of the volume automatically going to zero and automatically going to the mute (turning off all inputs) when first powering up the unit. No surprises when turning on the LP-27a and Firebottle KT88 SE HO.
No need on my account. I assumed it was a branded product. But it does sound like a complete solution that goes in line from the source to preamp (or preamp to amp I guess). Maybe it was built from the Bent parts! continued below........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco65 View Post
I you want a high end remote control (either as TVC or using a stepped attentuator) Bent Audio is a good source. BentAudio.com :: TAP
I wouldn't want to take on a project from parts at this point. However, it looks like some of what Bent offers would be compatible with existing Inspire preamps to make them remote controlled, ie, not an external box. I have the DACT attenuator and they make a motorized control for it. Only problem would likely be fitting the motor unit and the PCB both inside the chassis. Already pretty tight in there. Could be something Dennis incorporated if the layout was designed for it, but he hasn't seemed particularly interested in remote control.

At this point, I'm glad I have a DAC that I really like that has a remote volume attenuator. My LP-2 is set on full volume with the DAC dialed back.