View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
I would hope you contacted Focal first before breaking out the Krazy Glue!

I suspect that is not the case...
I actually contacted my dealer. He contacted Focal himself because he said he's never heard of the issue before. This is what Focal told him:
"The only way to fix this issue is by dropping a small drop of crazy on on bottom part of the dust cap and stick it back into place. Simply make sure the cap is well centered. This is what Focal technicians do to repair these issues..."

My dealer gave me three options, none of which was very appealing:
1. They take the 2 hour drive to my house out of state and do it for me but they will have to charge me for it. They are shorthanded so it might be a while before they could even do it.
2. Pack up both speakers and drive them to the dealer myself and they would do it. I don't have a very good back and don't know too many people who would be willing to help me out in moving them there and back for a hopefully short period of time for them to glue the caps back in.
3. DIY. I chose this method as it seemed the simplest solution. I was able to wedge the dust cap back out of the right speaker but the left one is still stuck in there. I guess you're supposed to use acetone to remove Krazy Glue but even if I felt comfortable enough using that to get it off, I'm not sure how I can reach the back end of the dustcap!! Ugh, what a pain.