View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 12:56 PM

Sent to my friend at Wilson:

"Hi...

The new diode is fantastic. It really is. I was skeptical because of how well the XVX is constructed that something that small could make any real difference. Yes, these things are worth the money and much more. Of course, I had a substandard spiking system, so I had no way to compare to a standard XVX spike. Basically, "everything" sounds better. Soundstage has broadened out. Bass tighter better launch. Even more clarity, etc... And they are so much better looking. Many expensive speakers have elaborate bases that do not touch the floor by means of a pointed spike but rather a rounded foot. The Magico Q7 Mk II is the speaker that comes to mind. Since then, Magico has come out with much more elaborate bases/footers on their M series but still no pointed spike.

On my XVX since the spike length is so tiny, you must look closely to see it, so the Acoustic Diode looks to the layperson and also to me sitting on my sofa like a rounded footer similar in shape to the Mk II. It's very beautiful under my XVX. I like this look vs the pointed spike look just as well. So, I have a pointed spike and the full Acoustic Diode system, but it looks like a beautiful, rounded stainless steel footer, even though it isn't. It perfectly matches my stainless-steel trim and aluminum gantry. It doesn't look like an afterthought. It's fantastic!

The blunter spike length indents my hardwood perfectly. No slider needed. The XVX is extremely solidly grounded, and the speakers are now the same height one inch lower than the conventional diode in the same locations because they did not have to be moved. This one inch is critical to me. When I go downstairs, I will send you some pics. To say I am pleased would be a gross understatement. I never thought I could ever experience a complete XVX system in all its glory because of my low ceiling. And the look is so much improved.

Best

Charles"