View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I think the bass is where the greatest improvement lies. The transient response and character of the bass is now totally equal to the rest of the system. Before, the mid and especially the upper bass might have been a tad slow compared to the mid and treble.

I think Marc's analysis may be more pertinent than mine because I went from a sub optimal spike to the best. There really is a very significant improvement in transient response across the board but more so in the bass. Before the XVX was lightning fast with tremendous pace. Now it is even faster, easy to hear, and especially in the bass. The sound has noticeably more life and there is zero harshness. Harshness has always been my most objectionable complaint about a speaker. The XVX has a crystalline quality in the treble that you don't hear with other speakers. It absolutely has the resolution of an elecrostat in the mids and highs.

I have waited patiently for a speaker like this. This doesn't put you in heaven or anything like that but as far as earthly joys are concerned, a top line high end sound system beats anything for me.
Very well put! It looks like my spikes will be a while, but I'll keep you updated.