View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 04:14 PM

The difference reminds me of the difference between a proper alignment and miss alignment of the various modules. When the men left after the first install I was blown away by the XVX. But something didn't sound exactly right. The sound stage was low and shifted slightly to the right but the greatness of the speaker could not be masked by this. Two more subsequent attempts by the dealer about two weeks apart resulted in a locked in beautifully focused transparent sound. Each improvement in the time alignment resulted in an easy to hear improvement in an already great sound in the form of better focus and clarity. I also learned about the settings because I checked them myself, not trusting the dealer at all.

It's this type improvement I'm hearing with the new Diodes. However, the bass is much improved. I believe this to be the result of the incredible solidity with which the XVX is now grounded. All micro movement is greatly reduced on the heavy bass whacks, resulting in greatly improved impact, if you can believe it. I also think (hope) I understand much more about Wilson spiking system, than if I had had a normal ceiling. I believe I understand the function of each piece of the system. My old system had no diode and no all tread length, only a nut and a spike and the nut contributed zero to improving the stability or sound. So it was inferior but I wanted the XVX nevertheless. About 1.5 years ago I took the biggest audio gamble of my life with the purchase of my XVX. I literally rolled the dice (although careful research greatly improved my odds for success). Now I have achieved an XVX system significantly better than the original. The Acoustic Diode is a huge winner and beautiful too.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 07-22-2021 at 04:23 PM.