View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
The key is to have the EXACT same amps, cables, cable length, terminations, on all parts of the biamp setup otherwise you risk temporal and of course sonic inconsistencies from different drivers. Throw in exact same power cords and exact same interconnects too.

Ycables are not advised unless they are full and exact mirrors of the interconnect; no coming in with 8 conductors from the source and splitting to 4 conductors after the Y. If that is the only choice, use a preamp with dual outputs and run 2 full pairs to the amps.

Biamping is not always better, it also varies with the speaker in question regardless how you drive it.
I agree that it is not always better and depends on the speaker. This also assumes that the speaker can be bi-amped. However, for Ivan's system(s) that can be bi or tri amped I have zero doubt that he is correct.

Being the Mac Man that I am, I would go with a Mac 303 amp for tri-amping or a Mac 901 for bi-amping. If Ivan ever desired a set of subs, it would be much easier for the given space. In any case, it's a gorgeous system. I just wondered what the point was to place the Everests on the amps, since the first arragnement looked quite natural. To me, the second arrangement does not look as natural.

Best

Charles