View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 08:20 PM
George

Congradulations! Nice system. I was able to ease into enjoying the music and no longer upgrading about fifteen or twenty years ago. I have really enjoyed the music during periods of non-upgrades... then I reached a point where upgrade made sense... I would go through a quick set of upgrades and then not for another five or ten years. I upgraded about three years before retiring... about six years ago with the intent of staying where I was. But I got a DAP for travel... and ended up upgrading my headphone system which led to another cycle on my primary system... I am waiting for a couple more components, then will be done again for a long time. As I have gotten older, I have less enjoyed the upgrading process and more enjoying my system. So, I have no problem dropping any interest in new components once I have completed it.

On the other hand. I understand addiction, the need to publicly announcing your change in behavior as a way of aligning social pressure with your desire to change your behavior :-). I hope it works. You clearly have created a world class system... it is hard to see how you could want any additional upgrades.... good luck. If you are successful in make the transition... I assure you, it is wonderful.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 01-13-2021 at 08:24 PM.