View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
One size does not fit all. It's perfectly fine and expected that some move on and some join. As long as more continue to join than move on, we'll continue to be fine.

Striving for Authentic Excellence is something most appreciate whether they ever purchase Wilsons or not. We appreciate any Wilson owner, whether he has purchased a new speaker or a previously owned speaker.

I would think that if there is a long time Wilson dealer who has such opinions of the company and his relationship with it is as you suggest, perhaps it is his time to move on too.

Just as with audio fans, dealers have many choices.
+1. Having been in the speaker industry myself for several decades i can appreciate and respect what Wilson has done and continues to do. I worked with Marco Karpodines developing the Delphi and later Delphi Imager speaker, we built everything from scratch including the drivers at our small factory in Encino Ca.so i know the trials and tribulations at every facet of the industry.

The San Fernando Valley was the hub of the industry at the time and it was common to have get togethers with other manufactures. It was during one of these get togethers that i met Dave Wilson we would always hang out together and i had the good fortune to experience the development of the original WAMM system. After i left the industry i slowly lost contact with Dave but i continued to admire his work and the company itself.

Today i own one of his early works the Watt Puppy 5.1 and not one of my own creations and until i can afford to move up the line to a newer model i`am very happy. Wilsons have stood the test of time.