View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 02:10 PM

Aesthetics will always be a highly subjective and personal preference type of a concept. Whether the Wife Acceptance Factor comes into play or not is also not a universal standard.

One thing for sure though, the chances of optimizing each driver with its own module/enclosure where it can be precisely fine tuned to the volume/design/phase/timing/relationship to other modules in the highly modular approach of the Wilson Big Boys has always made perfect sense to me. Driving the cabinet resonance out of the equation and into the sub 20Hz resonance range with the help of advanced polymers/advanced cabinet building materials and techniques is quite an accomplishment.

Can't handle the price tag? Wife can't get over the Big Robots in the living room? Don't like the Wilson house sound? All viable and understandable reasons not to engage. Judging by the rather enthusiastic reviews and owner feedback of the Wilson products, there are many happy owners out there.

I had the pleasure and experience of going up the Wilson product line some years back. It was a fantastic experience of various Wilson speaker ownership. One better than the next and my local Wilson dealer did a fantastic job of accommodating my needs and desires as well as making the trade up ridiculously easy and impossible to say NO to with full trade in allowance for a vertical upgrade. That experience was and still is unmatched to this day.

I may have taken a detour for some time and enjoying the relatively modest and good sounding pair of Harbeth speakers currently but in the famous Hollywood movie phrase.... "I'll BE BACK!"

Last edited by PHC1; 12-22-2020 at 08:50 PM.