View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 11:53 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis1 View Post
Please don't take this as a dig against Wilson, but I've always believed that their upper model pricing was a bit ludicrous. Of course you could say that about any number of high end audio brands. Charging as much as they do for these speakers and requiring professional installation/assembly to validate their full and what I consider to be lame warranty, has always been a turnoff to me. Any speaker system that requires precise placement and adjustment to sound what some so-called professional deems as perfect, just doesn't add much overall satisfaction. I wonder if any Wilson owners are afraid to listen to their systems unless they are in their so-called perfect listening position? I can't enjoy my music if I have to sit like a statue while listening. It's all too analytical for me. Oh, by the way, I've heard quite a few Wilson speakers at shows, dealer show rooms and in a few owner's homes, and while I thought they sounded pretty good, I've never been overly impressed. The old Sabrina or new Sabrina X would probably be the only ones I'd seriously consider owning because of their best bang for the buck approach as compared to their other models. And, as far as trying to convince my wife that they'd look great in our home....forget about it. Anyway, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new toys. We all have our own priorities and systematic approaches in audio component evaluation.
Please don't take this as a dig? That's right up there with To be honest or With all due respect or When did you stop beating your wife?

It's not a problem that you do not enjoy nor are you interested in owning a Wilson loudspeaker. You pay your money and you make your choice. Our industry and the hobby wins no matter that choice

You might want to ask a few more Wilson owners what they think of their experiences with their speakers, their set ups, their listening habits, and their customer service. I suspect you will find that their views don't align with yours. You will also likely find that their current Wilson loudspeaker is not their first.

That said, as one who has been in this industry 45 years, I am always pleased to hear that someone has an approach and result that pleases them. Enjoy!