View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer6 View Post
Using an AV8805 with rotel amps to drive 803d3, htm2 and ci800. Will change to the new mac power amp for the front channels.
Since you represent both Marantz & Classe (Sound United), I have a question for you. I'm currently still using the Classe SSP 800 paired with Classe amp in my dedicated home theater setup which I use mostly for bluray movie playbacks from my Oppo 105 connected via HDMI to my Classe SSP 800. From time to time I also use this setup for DVD-Audio (high resolution audio disc) music playbacks from my Oppo 105 via HDMI out to my SSP 800.
I have a separate two-channel setup in a different listening room.

Anyways, I'm thinking to move up to 4K with latest HDR Dolby Vision and stuff but have no desire to move up to Atmos setup. DTS-HD Master Audio & Dolby True-HD are good enough for me. So I will have to sell the SSP 800 and find a pre pro that supports 4K latest HDR Dolby Vision since my SSP 800 does not support 4K. The AV8805 came to mind but I'm concerned that I would sacrifice overall sound quality / audio performance for both bluray movie and DVD-Audio music playbacks when compared to my SSP 800. How does the AV8805 stack up against the SSP 800 when it comes to pure sound quality alone for bluray movie & DVD-Audio music playbacks? I don't care about the extra additional features bells & whistles found in the AV8805. From pure sound quality alone, can the AV8805 compete or compare with the Classe SSP 800? I've never done AB comparisons between the SSP 800 and the AV8805 in the same system setup. I've heard the AV8805 before but in a completely different setup using different amps different speakers in a different listening room.

Last edited by Dilettante; 08-26-2020 at 03:29 PM.