View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 07:50 AM

With respect I will agree with Buck and others and say that yes, $329K is very high price for any speaker, or anything for that matter as it IS alot of money, absolutely, not relatively.

If anyone doesn't think so, then please feel free to get a certified check for that "negligible sum" and send it my way, I'll appreciate it as will others, I am sure, for what it is, a lot of money [emoji2]

For the record, I also think 80K and 100K is alot of money. It IS...ever not have it? You'll see what I mean. Note I don't say "for a speaker", even though it does happen to apply to my system and others..it's a lot of money, period. I tend to think that anyone who would debate that statement is simply trying to brag or show off with a wallet, not address the point itself.

Price is not value and is built up including dealer and distributor margin, some of whom deliver less value than others in the audio chain in some cases, so we should not use price to infer quality or value for the money, it's simply that, price.

The review of the XVX was exemplary and nothing short of glowing. We did however stand zero chance IMHO of seeing anything even slightly less than that level of praise. It simply does not seem to happen in this industry in certain situations. The only point I would call out as questionable after reading it top to bottom is they talked in great detail about how the bass response essentially plumbs the depth of hell and back, yet didnt they run it with subs and crossover at all times that essentially extend to 10Hz plus or minus? The XVX spec and performance are reported to be very impressive so not disrespecting the speaker or manufacturer. ,

This writing style on that last point just struck me as reviewer slight of hand to further achieve their end result if you will.

On the last point I will read again to ensure I read the material correctly.

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 08-13-2020 at 07:56 AM.