View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 11:58 AM

Default FLAC Import on SSD MS300

So I have upgraded the HDD to SSD. Actually, two different SSD. One is a straight clone of the OEM 300Gb Maxtor. This is exact including the partition, so I am not gaining any additional storage. The other SSD, a clone and then upgrade, with the Golden disk. Had to do this to partition the additional space.

So both the SSD drives operate correctly and the MS300 starts and functions.

Here is my problem. Importing music. I am importing FLAC into the \\ms300\import folder. I am copying only the song files and not the folder. I am doing this one album at a time. The files copied are indexed by the MS300. MS300 creates and places them in the correct folder. When I go to play the songs via the web GUI some songs play and other songs hang up. The MS300 locks up for a few seconds and then goes to play the next song within the album. Different albums hang up on different songs (ie. its not always song 2 in the album).

So what am I doing wrong? FLAC compression? Metadata? Is this a SMB issue? Have Win10 set to SMB V.1

Interesting thing is that the music cloned from the existing OEM drive does not have any issues.

I don’t even want to mention the varies ways and time that I have tried importing music.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Gary