View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsabath View Post
I've been on this forum for a bit and will have to say this is one of the most impressive and informative posts that I have read. I know there are many great ones that I've read, but this is one has to be the most technical.

That being said. I jumped in and bought a MS-300 with a known bad power supply. Followed the great instructions and bought the pico power adaptor-laptop PS. I'm up and running!!! Just started to play with the unit to get the feel for the menu items, etc. Will take some time to feel my way around the unit.

So, I am planning on upgrading to a 1TB SSD. Already have the drive and recommended adaptor based upon the previous posts.

What I believe I now need is the Mcintosh "Golden Disk" or operating system to change the HD out to SSD. Does anyone have a copy of this? Also, not to get too far ahead of myself, but does the new drive need to be formatted?

Much appreciated,

Gary
Gary
I do have the Golden Disc image. Click on the link below to download.
It is a zipped file, unzip it and you will have three files. Burn these 3 files onto a CD. When you use this CD to install the software onto a new system, the Hard drive will be formatted automatically during that process. Good luck and have fun.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArTvou_GX6eYzlY4...zR0Oh?e=xlLNTy

Henry