View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 02:12 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Pehaps metaphacts might chime in on what Wilson thinks about driving the Sabrina's with 30-40wpc of Class A tube power (the general rule-of-thumb is tube power sounds about twice that of solid-state power). Certainly, the largest components in how they will do are how loud you listen and how large your room is.

You might also pull out as many reviews as you can find and see what amps they used. Am sure there are a few that ran them with tubes.

Edit - another tube integrated to check out would be the new BAT VK-80i. While I've never heard one, I've owned their VK-300 tube/solid-state integrated and would not hesitate to own another if I returned to solid-state.
Once we get past the parameters of room size and listening habits, the question is one of drive capability. Power is not the true issue. Though if you want to have the fullest extension and uncompressed dynamic capability of which Sabrina is capable, certainly more power is desirable.

The tough question is how the amp is able to comfortably handle the impedance curve/minimus of the Sabrina. That accounts for the disparity of suitable amps much more than an absolute power figure and/or technology. That said, there are quite a variety of amps that can drive Sabrina well, both push pull tube and solid state.