Thread: Go You Reds!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 02:45 AM

Thumbs up Let's get Fab back to the midfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitared View Post
Just seen that we are linked with Vestergaard from Southampton, I quite like him, classy player, good on the ball and in the air, with a touch of pace. Could be a great option for us, EPL experience counts too.

Just one problem;

We took Lovern from them so they bought VVD.

We took VVD from them, they bought Vestergaard?!?!

Lol
As was evidenced during the Luis Suarez experiment, a player can be a genius and, at the same time, be poison to the reputation of a club. I mean, I can't tell you how broken-hearted I was when he self-imploded and forced LFC to banish him...but it had to be done.

The point is that the tough part about signing a "star" player is the baggage he brings with him. If a player can't adapt to Klopp, for example, he has absolutely no business being anywhere near Merseyside. As far back as I can remember, we've had respectable players, for the most part, so perhaps a young player that has real talent can come to Liverpool and become a partner to the great VVD.

Although I've definitely seen him play, I'm not familiar with Vestergaard's defensive skills. Is he a fairly stable center-back? Does he have VVD type speed? We really need to get Fabinho back to what he does best, aye?

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections