Thread: Go You Reds!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
After I read your last message, akitared, I started researching what Klopp might do with the January signing window, especially as it relates to finding a bona fide center-back, so I'm wondering what your thoughts are on who might be a good choice. I know that there was a lot of talk about Bayern's Alaba, but he may be going for the paycheck at the dreaded RM. Regardless of his chasing the money, I was wondering if you had any player(s) in mind?

70’s Mac

Alaba is a non starter as he is free in the summer, we can sign him to a pre-contract this month. Bayern would still want a sizeable nominal fee for him during January as he is a first team player for them.

We have been linked with so many defenders I forget who is who [emoji12]

If I could pick one. It would be Upacameno from Liepzig I believe, he is young, technical and a great potential partner for VVD long term quality for us.

Gomez is part of the next decade if he can find his fitness, Matip has a year or so at the top level given his injury record.

Unfortunately I don’t believe the youngsters currently filing in from the reserves will make the cut at LFC long term.