Thread: Urc mx980
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylode View Post
Thanks to being the lucky winner of the monthly raffles, I choose to get a new remote. The URC MX980 looked like a real winner. I placed the order with Ivan and it promptly arrived earlier this week in pristine condition. Excellent, a fun weekend project setting it up.

Fast forward to today. I carefully unwrap my new toy and discover they don't ship it with the software. You have to go online to download it. Unfortunately, their form for non-professionals doesn't work. So I give them a call and get a less than friendly representative that lets me know that since I'm a lowly end user I can't download the software -- even though their site clearly has a place for end users to download. She tells me that first I must send them a copy of my invoice along with the serial number of the remote and my contact information.

After so many people giving such positive reviews I was really looking forward to setting it up this weekend. Being thwarted like this is very frustrating. It's at this point that if my mother were still here she'd say have some patience son this weekend or next does it really matter. Of course the answer is NO, but darn it I've never had her patience.

The remote really does look NICE though!
Dennis

I bought my MX980 from a dealer who provided me a link to his FTP site to download the software.

- I can burn a copy and send it to you. The program is about 50 Meg.

- I can also send you a copy of my config file. While not complete, it would be a good start.

Rob