View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerman View Post
You can just use screen sharing. On your Mini go into System Prefs -> Sharing and turn on screen sharing. I think at this time you can put in a password for protection. On the Mac that you want to use as the controller, under Finder click on "Go" and select "Computer". In the left column under shared you will see your Mini. Click on it and you will see a "Share Screen" button in the grey column on the right. Click on that, insert your password and you should be up and running.
This is what I do when I need to really get into Itunes from another mac. But most of the time I use my Ipad with Remote Control. The only issue I have noticed is that if I forget to close screen sharing before closing the lid on my macbook, when I open up the macbook later, it is very pissed. Usually needs a reboot. Very Windows like. It might just be my Macbook. But I have never been able to sort it out.

Ken
Sonus Faber Amati,Sonus Faber Extremas, Sonus Faber Electa Amator MkI, Sonus Faber Concertos, Convergent Audio JL-1 amps, Cat Ultimate Preamp, Dynaco SCA 35 restored with EFB mod, , Basis Debut Vacum table, Vector Arm, Koetsu Urishi, Walker Motor Drive, REL Stentor II X2, Cardas Golden Cross wire, Resolution Audio Cantata music center, Nak Dragon, Nak 505, Teac X2000R, Otari MX5050BIII, Yamaha CT7000,Mac 4300,