Thread: Urc mx980
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbag
I have a couple of Logitech remotes, Harmony One model.
They give you the software, very easy to program and easily changeable when you switch equipment. $199 Cdn. Am I missing something? Why does everyone seem to use more expensive, more difficult remotes?
+1. Logitech Harmony 900 is the way to go. It has RF blasting too, so you can assign devices to either RF or IR. you can even get a IR to Bluetooth adapter for your PS3.

You can create you own icons for your favorites or I recommend downloading from Http://www.iconharmony.com. Here you will find all of your pay tv icons which is just as easy to load into your remote as posting an image on AA.

Your configuration is always kept in the cloud on Logitech's servers. The equipment database is huge & it is unlikely that your model is not in there. Had no problem with McIntosh gear, even the MVP891 was already there. Even so, the unit will find the next best thing for you by association or by learning or sampling 3 codes.

Paying a stranger to come in to program some convoluted universal remote is a mug's game.

You can have a Logitech Harmony 900 sequenced in around 10min by doing it yourself.