View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
As I said before, in a past life. Haven't done a Masters set up in probably 7 years.
I know that it has been a long time since you set up speakers, but you have the most experience here, so I hope you can answer this for me:

The first step says "1 - Position the speakers in an equilateral triangle against the wall."

As a result of the shape of my room, the farthest I can have my speakers apart from each other about 6 feet. I think the first step means that if the speakers are 6 feet apart than the distance from my listening spot to each speaker should start out at something between 5 and 6 feet from each speaker (it is less than 6 feet because the speakers are supposed to form the triangle 18" behind the listening position).

I then move the speakers into the room using the Sumiko technique. As the notes mention to avoid the dead zone, this will have the speakers likely moved out close to 2 feet into the room. At this point, the speakers are going to end up between 3 to 4 feet from my listening position to each speaker. That seems extremely close. Too close, I would think.

Am I misunderstanding what the meaning of "1 - Position the speakers in an equilateral triangle against the wall."?

Or is that close of a distance what you would expect?

Thanks.