View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkorbal View Post
Hi Peter. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I was NOT able to do a side by side comparison. In fact, I wasn’t even able to hear the RELs. I did listen to the B&W and JL Audio but not at the same time nor on similar systems so I can’t comment on either, other than to say I liked them both. After talking to a couple individuals (Ivan being one of them ….. thanks Ivan) I ordered two f110v2 yesterday.

Now the dropping of the second hammer. The MEN220 and DARO do not play nice together. At least that is what I’m told by my dealer. I’m going to research that myself. The choice is use the CR-1 or men220 but not both. I’m not sure why I can’t use the DARO first than use the men220 calibration. Either way I’m hoping the JL’s will be easier to calibrate because of the line level inputs rather than REL’s speaker level inputs.

Now the third hammer. If I don’t use the CR-1 I will need a switch box or manually switch the cables out when listening between music and movies. I’m not sure how I feel about that.

I never thought adding a pair of subs to my system would be soooo difficult. Does everyone face these choices or am I doing something wrong.
I had similar issue. I chose the CR-1 for my subs and glad I did. Integration with mains subs was much easier and having high pass to main speakers is a great way to blend them. I am not using the DARO on my subs, not needed with my treated room.