View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 09:35 PM

Thanks to all who have replied.

I’m sure that the Typhon would be better suited with the Triton V3 over the Denali and the Omega QR/QC would handily outdo my Sigmas and are definitely on my shortlist for audition.

Here is a bit of background of my previous trials:

When I initially reviewed the Triton V3 against a competitor’s product back to back in my 2 channel stereo, the competitor’s product won out, so I bought it and I was going to send the Triton V3 back to my dealer. However before sending the Triton back, I decided to try it in my AV system against what I had in there at the time for power conditioning; PSA P10. . The Triton was a major revelation in my AV system, so naturally it stayed there. I also found that the Triton vs the Denali made a much bigger difference in my AV system than in my stereo, so that’s another reason why the Denali stayed in the stereo.

I did try a second Denali in my home theater for the audio side, but to both my wife’s and my ears, the Denali was a big downgrade in comparison to the Triton V3 in there.

If not for what I had previously experienced with the Denali vs the Triton in my home theater in addition to the space constraints in my AV Rack, I would bring the Triton back to my 2 channel system, pair it with the Typhon, and use both Denali’s in my AV system.

As I stated in my initial post, I’m not sure why, but as we all know every system is different, so experimentation is absolutely essential.