View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:28 AM

All, be very careful with this, I would not touch the screws if the speakers are performing well.

I had a slight buzzing coming from the midrange driver of one my EB1i's. Applying pressure to the plastic outside rim of the driver removed the buzzing, so I thought to adjust the screw tightness. I noticed the screws were not very tight and proceeded to tighten all screws on both speakers. The over-tightening resulted in buzzing from now both the tweeter and mid range units on both speakers. I have since over the period of months had to 'fine tune' the screw tightness to the point where the buzzing is no longer present.

The sweet spot is pretty much what the original somewhat loose tightness used to be (go figure). It's been an absolute nightmare getting back to this place as it is sometimes hard to detect the buzzing, the right track is needed with just the right low frequency energy to excite the vibration. Also mids and highs coming out of the drivers will mask the buzzing making it hard to hear but with certain music that contains sections with only low frequencies it is very much apparent. Sounds almost like a chest next to the speaker is vibrating due to low frequency excitation, it is extremely distracting.