View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 10:10 PM

What are you plugging into the Furman?

They make solid and very good products to be sure so no dings against your current conditioner.

I personally owned and liked an Elite 15PF and a Reference 20 and later upgraded to a Reference 20i while also keeping the Elite 15 PF in the same system. This was 2004/5-2009 in total.

I always found their units to be very good quality in both build and effect in the system. There were 2 Esoteric separates and 1 universal player 1box that did not like the 20 or 20i at all though (specifically their video circuitry for DVD playback).

To be honest in later years I have found conditioners from Isotek EVO3 and Titan line as well as Shunyata to yield better dynamics and overall sonic signature for the gear I use.

I would guess that given Shunyata ArNI conductors, the CCI, isolation zones, and other aspects in the Venom V16, it would be an advantage over and above what the 20PFi does. The Shunyata tech is also newer and I think advanced further. In short, it is worth a try. If your friend would let you hear what it does for your system, if that is feasible, that would allow you to be sure.