Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 09:20 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
prepress, you have hit it on the head. That's what AA is all about. My music and gear wouldn't be ten percent without my AA buddies. Same with skating or church. Who wants to skate in an empty rink or a church devoid of people?

Best

Charles

p.s. I'll be lacing up at about 8:10 pm cst tomorrow. I expect I'll do it next to Chris. He is so good. His skates are identical to mine in every respect, except the toe stops. He's from Detroit and has been skating all his life. I think the Snyder plate a bit heavy so I'm going to try a modern plate. Chris says never to switch from Snyders. He employs huge toe stops. I'm going to cut mine down even more. I identify with Antonio in skating style.
And each of those friends has been over to enjoy a concert on my system. One even helped me rearrange my equipment racks a few years ago. And you're right about the gear. My setup's not on the same level as yours, but it's no slouch either, and part of why I've gone as far as I have is to share the fun with friends. We don't spend on this kind of gear to be selfish with it, I think.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks