Thread: Venom-X
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 02:41 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjryan View Post
I have been so incredibly impressed with the last several Shunyata releases. This makes me wonder if there would be an improvement moving from my current Cobra XLR's from 6 years back to the VenomX, or even the Delta.
RTFL. OMG, you have NO idea. The performance of these new Venom-X cables is...insane. I purchased the current-spec Alpha V2 ICs and speaker cables (SPs) in 2021, and recently got the new RCA and XLR Venom-X interconects in for use with the wonderful Constellation Inspiration Integrated, and they are fully on-par with the Alpha V2s, just...different.

Also, the locking RCA and XLR connectors on these cables are really well-made, lock really tightly to their respective connectors, and...are beautiful, as well.

I also own and use the Alpha V2 SPs, and they're really wonderful, especially now that they incoporate the HARP technology that was once only on the Sigma SPs...

But...looks what's in the system at present...Venom-X speaker cables. Using these with my GR-Research X-LS Encores; they're amazing, too. The audio quality and performance you get from these cables, especially at their very reasonable price points, is just off-the-charts. thumbsup:

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 05-01-2022 at 02:46 PM.