View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 01:52 PM

Well my project is finally almost complete...it took more work than I thought, including heavy duty negotiations with my wife, who won this round . I was skeptical about in-wall speakers, but to keep the peace we went with them. Since adding the subs I am thoroughly impressed however and can say this is my best sounding theater yet. To make the in-walls happen we had to build a new wall 4 inches out from the current one, as all of the house power went through that wall (of course!!).

In the end, I decided to go with synergy, and bought the new Anthem AVM90 Pro, along with their amps (2 x Gen 2 MCA 525 + 1 MCA 225) for the 11 channels. BDI Elements cabinet for the equipment. We then added Paradigm speakers front (E7LCR 3 way in walls), rear (E2LCR 2 way in walls) and because we have no left wall, the side surrounds were put in the ceiling (E80As x 2), along with the 4 Atmos (E80s x 4). The final piece was REL subs, S812s for the front left and right, TX9 for the center channel & 2 more TX9s for the surrounds and Atmos. Sources are Apple TV 4k, 4k Cable & Sony UBP-X800M2 UHD Blu Ray player.

We did a rough calibration with the ARC before the subs arrived, but this weekend the final calibrations will occur.

Video is the Screen Innovations 120" Zero Edge Pro Black Diamond 8k, with the JVC DLA NZ8 Laser Projector.

I was expecting great things from the video side, and I am happy with the results, but the sound side was a revelation...cannot believe how good it sounds already. I have been playing with Apple Music Spatial mixes and some of them are really good. More work to come to dial it all in...