View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 02:44 PM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strojo View Post
Are any of you using subs with your 1's or are you happy with the level of bass? I have the 1028be's now and am concerned I'll be taking a step backwards going to a set of bookshelfs (without introducing a sub into the mix). While I'm not a basshead by any means, I like it when it's there. :-)
I can't speak for the Sopra 1's but you will most definitely NOT be going backwards with a set of C1 Platinums; this is not a bookshelf speaker. It is a large reference-level standmount. I've known many owners that bought them thinking they would add a sub, only to find out that bass response is so good from a C1 that they didn't need to add a sub...FWIW.
First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-Si Paramount Special Edition preamp, Conrad-Johnson LP70S amp, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore OpticalModule with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 power supply, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN, SOtM UltraNeo with Keces P3 power supply, Shunyata Omega & Sigma Ethernet, Alpha USB digital cables, Lampizator Baltic 3 DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Harbeth 30.2 or Dynaudio Contour S3.4 w/ Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Alpha NRv2, Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, and Venom V14D power cords, Shunyata Everest 8000