View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
I'm intrigued, and skeptical, about the cost benefit of power quality and conditioning. I'd like to find something that would improve the emotional engagement and tonal accuracy of my already pretty good system, and power may be a way to get there.
I would recommend that you try to put aside any preconceived expectations and maybe even invite over a friend to listen with you. The best way to evaluate Shunyata’s approach is to set aside what you hope to accomplish and just allow yourself to hear what’s actually accomplished.

The Triton (if v3) when used with the Typhon QR were previously amongst the best one can buy. The reviews have been about as good as they could possibly get. If you aren’t hearing any improvements then I have to think there is something wrong with either your gear or how you’ve chosen to evaluate these products. You should hear some differences with it being more of a case of whether you like what you hear. You have some really good components and I would expect you to be more impressed with how good they really once they are able to thrive thanks to being supplied with better power.

Shunyata’s products are the real deal and few other brands deliver the value for the dollar that they deliver. I can understand how some might have a preference for other brands though or how some might not appreciate the differences they hear. But not hearing any improvements? These would have to be counterfeits for that to happen.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256