View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Reporting back, in part because it's very germane, in part because I just can't believe the beauty.

Eva Cassidy's 7 LP at 45 rpm Nightbird arrived last night, and I admit I almost immediately felt sheepish about dropping $140 on someone whose Live at Blues Alley CD I found very enjoyable, but not more than that. Especially since 1/3 or more of Nightbird is on the Blues Alley CD, and the recording date suggested digital. Really, don't I have something better to spend the money on? But then I dropped the needle...

OMG! This album is magnificent! Incredible music, even more incredible sonics. The you-are-there realism is most comparable to Jazz at the Pawn Shop or Muddy Waters's Blues Singer. Also reminiscent of the Tapestry One Step. I've listened to only two discs so far, but this is now one of my very favorite albums. At $20/disc, it's a steal. If you have any interest in the blues, female vocalists, or audiophile recordings in general, BUY THIS NOW!

A great illustration of why vinyl is outselling CD.
I only bought the cheap Nightbird album set but as you state, they are beautiful. I could care less if there are repeats from other albums. Listening to her puts my mind in a better place.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill