View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 02:03 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Just noticed that the new Omega speaker cables are now up on Shunyata's web page.

From the product info on the page, in addition to the HARP technology that Shunyata has had on their speaker cables since the first-gen Sigma SPs, there are now also TAP modules. That's a new development as far as I know because none of the other Shunyata speaker cables have ever had TAP devices before. Looking at the photo, my guess is the TAP devices are in those big carbon-fiber modules in the middle part of the speaker cable, because the HARP modules are at the "speaker end" of the connectors on Alpha V2, and at both ends, at the amp end and the speaker end, on the Sigma cables. Also, TAP devices are placed in the "middle part" of the cable run on the Alpha, Sigma and Omega interconnects, so my guess those two big modules in the middle of the Omega speaker cables are the TAP devices. Given there's two "modules", one for each lead, maybe there's a TAP device for each "phase" (+ and - ) of the speaker cable, perhaps? Hmmm...

Here's a close-up pic from the product page...

I'll be going to AXPONA in April, so I should be able to find out more at the show. My guess is they may be used with the new Clarisys speakers that debuted at FLAIX (where they used with all Shunyata cabling throughout), so maybe the new Omega speaker cables will be there, as well.

Interesting...very interesting.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 03-17-2023 at 02:35 AM.