View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 08:37 PM
George

Hmm, it’s been a long time.

I put in a dedicated line for my amps. Way better than the 10 gauge extension cord. No surprise. Worth the $1,500 at least three thine over.

I spent about a year trying to get the power cord on the amps right. I have both a ARC Reference 160s and REF160 monoblocks for over a year. I swapped and swapped. Then my dealer brought over an Audio Quest Hurricane. Wow, finally… it perfectly nailed the tonal balance… not shifting it and quieting the background. It is the best power cord I have ever heard on my amps.

I actually have two Hurricanes… a one meter and a two meter. So, I use them both when running the mono blocks and one when running the stereo amp. The two meter sounds better. I was surprised. My friend explained it… the longer the cord the more conditioning. I never thought about it that way.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 02-07-2023 at 08:39 PM.