View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
I'm not suggesting that Audioquest cables are better than Wireworld. I submit it's odd that no dealer ever recommended Audioquest to me. This isn't about what's the "best" cable, but what cable will work best in a particular system.
The funny thing is I only changed the cable that's between my DAC and preamp. The cable isn't long enough to go from my preamp to my amp. If I were to purchase one Wild Blue Yonder cable for now, where would I reap the most benefits(amp to preamp or DAC to preamp)?
I've been wrong about that kind of question in my own system before. Sometimes I think a cable will make the most difference in one spot, but it winds up being someplace else. But if you auditioned the Niagra and liked it in a particular place (I'm guessing between your DAC and pre), I'd probably stick with that because there's some predictability with the result based on your audition.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables