View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 01:39 AM

Here is a pic , the Xover box has been modified from the early G1 spirit pics , its more a flat rectangular box than a cube.

It has a shortish umbilical chord with an 8 pole speakon connector going to the underside of the speaker and the usual bi amping (hf/lf) with links on the other side of the xover box.
Vivid use van den hull wiring throughout

You can make the speakers quad active if you bypass the Xover and use an 8 wire speakon to directly access each driver , but vivid wont warrantee the speaker if you do so (very easy to mess up and blow drivers etc with DSP based x/over )
I have the speakers on Castors .. the xover box has provision for spiking if you want , I need it on castors so it doesnt drag if I move the speakers..I need to buy some more

As to castors , VIVID themselves say it makes no difference if you spike the speakers , use the rubber feet or have em on castors .. so I am going to leave them on the $0.80c each "audiophile" Castors

Last edited by Rodney Gold; 04-29-2017 at 01:44 AM.