View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Retired

I have a couple of excellent tech's fix mine. Of course, they both only work for folks they know and I have to drop off and pick up the gear as they won't accept shipments as both do not wish to deal with all that receiving and shipping entails. Unfortunately, the best tech I've ever used retired a few years ago (he is an engineer and was enticed out of working for himself by the proverbial offer that was "too good to turn down"). Our loss as he would ship.

Midwest Speaker in MN is well respected for speaker work if you think it worth the cost to ship (rount-trip). Forgotten the fellow's name on the AK forum that is in GA. He did an excellent job refoaming and re-expoxying the woofers on my Yamaha NS-1000 speakers some years ago (when shipping was reasonable). If serious, I'll dig up his contact info.

The ridiculous cost of shipping is making the decision on these issues a real question today. A few hundred for repair added to a few hundred in shipping makes a new unit more attractive.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag