Thread: E-480 is coming
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiolover82 View Post
True. It is what it is. Accuphase must be happy with US sale numbers. It seems they won't change their strategy. Those who have issue with Accuphase's outrageous prices, there are plenty fish in the sea. Go out there and hunt it.
Well said audiolover82. It's clearly evident that the importer is quite happy with his pricing structure and market share in the US. It's also apparent that Accuphase is satisfied with volume of products sold here. Until the expectations of either Accuphase or the importer change, there is no compelling reason to change pricing.

I have owned an E470 and an E600. Both have been superbly crafted and provide excellent performance. I enjoyed both pieces very much.

I personally could not justify the prices of their other gear if I decided to move up the Accuphase food chain. But that's just me. Others on this forum have made that journey and they all seem to be VERY satisfied with their decisions!

Admittedly, Accuphase does not necessarily offer the best value as compared to certain other brands but if one has a problem with the price of Accuphase, there is a whole world of other choices - as you stated!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,