View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 12:16 PM
musiclovingearenthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice View Post
That picture of the interior of a "modest" NAD M3 integrated brought to mind a picture of the inside of a very expensive Krell Cipher - $20,000 - that Serge recently posted in another thread . . . .

Looking at the pictures, which do you think should be the more expensive or more valuable of the two . . .?

I think if I paid $20K for the Krell and then looked inside - I'd probably croak - looks like about $500.00 worth of innards!
Well...I'm new around these parts, so I'm trying to keep things in perspective while I get my footing. When I say the M3 is "modest", I'm trying not to act as if I'm comparing it against mega-buck units from the likes of Gamut, DarTZeel, MBL, et al. I'd throw the Krell Cipher into that group, but after seeing these pics, I'd have to agree with JPrice; looks like a bit of an empty shirt (although stuffings don't necessarily translate into sound, right?)

But obvioulsy the M3 is well-regarded in its price-range, and I'm happy to be auditioning it; happier still, after this comparison...lol

CD

Last edited by CDLehner; 11-13-2011 at 12:30 PM.