Thread: Elekit Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 03:40 PM

Great post YB-2. Thanks for the information on Sun Valley and please let us know how it goes.

I just finished an Elekit TU-8200 DX this past weekend. I bought it along with a TU-8600R (after reading Herb Herb Reichert's review in Stereophile) and they just sat on a shelf for a year.

This latest Covid madness gave me some extra time to tinker, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I was really surprised how fast it was to build. I had postponed the project thinking it would take me weeks, not hours. Elekit does a phenomenal job explaining every last detail and the instructions were quite easy to follow. I should've considered kits years ago.

The end product sounds extraordinary for a sub $1,000 integrated stereo and the fit and finish is also quite impressive for a DIY. I still have quite a few tweaks I'd like to make to see how good I can get it to sound, but for now I'm just enjoying it...just as much as I enjoyed building it.