View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 03:34 AM

@Martin3579

Given that it's been a month, I'm guessing that you already have this dealt with.

I also have a pair of Valors with Wavelet 2 (I got in January 2022). I use the Wavelet 2 as a preamp, but run the treble channel through a Raven Audio Blackhawk 20 watt integrated tube amp (with 60 year old NOS tubes) to the speakers (with Silversmith Audio Fidelium speaker cables). At a level of 70, I get about 75dB at listening position (12 feet from speakers). The low volume you are seeing does not make sense to me. Probably best to contact Legacy about this issue. I had the Valors configured to be able to switch between internal class-D amp or external amp for the treble section. Night and day difference. Totally changes the character of the sound. I now only use the internal amp module to help calibrate the gain on the tube amp (using iPhone SPL app using 3KHz test tone). I use an integrated amp as the tube sound comes from the signal tubes.

@SCAudiophile Interesting to hear about the Omnio +. I originally heard the demo with older Omnio, but they shipped with the newer Omnio. I didn't like it as much, so they sent me a Wavelet 2 with the original firmware I heard in a demo in the September before I received the speakers. I suggested that they support both versions, as I felt that people would really miss out if they could not hear the version I originally demoed. Looks like they finally managed to add both versions.

Matthew