View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 01:09 AM

Default Furman Elite 15PFi - how bright is the LED?

Hello,

I happened to be perusing the manual for my Furman Elite 15PFi the other night and noticed this statement:

Quote:
Protection OK Indicator:
Although the Furman SMP circuit assures virtually maintenance free protection from transient voltage spikes and surges, nature has a way of occasionally creating electrical forces that are beyond the capabilities of any Transient Voltage Surge Suppression device to absorb without some degree of damage. In the rare instance that this occurs, the blue LED located in the center of
the front panel will dim, even though AC power is present at the unit’s outputs. If this happens, some level of protection from voltage surges will remain, but the Furman’s clamping voltage rating will be compromised. The unit must be returned to Furman Sound, or an authorized Furman Service center for repair.
I can barely identify the LED as being lit under normal lighting, and even in a dark room it seems kind of dim. It shows up brighter in photos but I'm not sure I'd say it's as bright as the pictures I see online. I've had this unit in continuous operation for 12 years and I don't remember thinking the light was particularly dim before, but maybe I just didn't notice.

Can someone else with a similar Furman comment on whether their LED is obviously illuminated or not?

Thanks,
- greg