View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 12:42 PM

I have had one in my ClearAudio Innovation Wood with 9" Universal Arm for a couple of months. I chose it on the expectation that it would have synergy with the TT and on the theory that the Panzerholz body would tend to give a bit warmer sonic signature than the two ClearAudio cartridges that flank it to each side cost-wise. I have not yet passed the 75 hour mark, so impressions could change a bit. I have found that a loading of 400 ohms to yield the most appealing balance in timbre for my listening biases (classical and acoustic jazz) in my system. Set up of the TT and installation of the Jubilee MC was performed by Paragon of Ann Arbor.

The Jubilee MC tracks superbly. Challenges such as the finale of Beethoven No. 9 (the new DG repressing of the 1960's von Karajan cycle) are dispatched with aplomb. The reproduction of piano is impressive. Sound staging is wide and deep with clear articulation of individual instruments. I suspect that it would work well in an MT10 (my understanding, a ClearAudio-built TT for Mac). It has turned out to be an excellent match for my system without a truly lofty expenditure. I like mine a lot. YMMV.

Happy listening.

Bob
Sources: ClearAudio Jubilee MC/ClearAudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Kirmuss KA-RC-1 ultrasonic. L’Art du Son CD treatment.

Last edited by Bob Bubeck; 11-23-2020 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Added details.