View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 02:10 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjryan View Post
If I may humbly add to your reply, Puma Cat:
I recently replaced my Venom HC V1's with Venom NR-V10's on my REL S5 subs. There was no contest. The NR's made my subs much more detailed and faster. I've no experience with the HC V2's, but my sense is that they are much improved over my V1's, but not as good as the NR-V10's.
Hi Rj,
I would agree, the NR-V10s are better than the Venom HC V2s, they are quieter and use different wire and a different construction. If one has the budget, using NR-V10s would be the first choice. Given that, thought, not all folks have the budget to put Venom NRs or Delta NRs on all components, and my suggestion of where a Venom HC V2 would be put to good use would be a sub. They would also be very good for powering a power distributor, e.g. Venom PS 8 where you also have a Venom Defender for noise reduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjryan View Post
I also have a loom of Viper E-Trons running all of my components that I've compared both the Delta NR (v1) and the Venom NR-V10's to. Again, the Venoms are far better on every component vs. the Vipers. The Delta was REALLY good in comparison to the Vipers, and better than the NR-V10's but not in the budget right now.

That said, I will be replacing all of my Viper Etrons with NR-V10's and saving up for a Delta NR to plug into my Denali V1 over time. They simply improve everything that I've plugged them into.
Agreed, that is consistent with my experiences comparing my Black Mamba and Cobra Zitron to the Venom NR-V10s. And Delta NR v2 is notably better than Venom NR-V10.

As for your Denali V1, if you were refering to saving up for a Delta NR v2 to use as the power cord to power your Denali from the wall, also consider the new Delta XC.

Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.