View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
The Venom HC V2 is the latest gen 10-gauge high-current Venom power cord using the latest cable geometry, materials, and construction. It is has excellent performance and audio quality for its US Price of $298. I've used this power cord for 2 months with a world-class preamp and I was very impressed with it. It does not have the 12 dB noise filtering functionality that the Venom NR-V10 has. The other application where this power cord would be killer would be for powering a sub-woofer.

I am not familiar with the Venom EU7, but if it is a power distributor comparable to the Venom PS8, it does not have built-in noise reduction. So, you could add a Venom Defender with it, or power it with a Venom NR-V10 or Delta NR v2 to provide some noise reduction capability, if desired.
If I may humbly add to your reply, Puma Cat:
I recently replaced my Venom HC V1's with Venom NR-V10's on my REL S5 subs. There was no contest. The NR's made my subs much more detailed and faster. I've no experience with the HC V2's, but my sense is that they are much improved over my V1's, but not as good as the NR-V10's.

I also have a loom of Viper E-Trons running all of my components that I've compared both the Delta NR (v1) and the Venom NR-V10's to. Again, the Venoms are far better on every component vs. the Vipers. The Delta was REALLY good in comparison to the Vipers, and better than the NR-V10's but not in the budget right now.

That said, I will be replacing all of my Viper Etrons with NR-V10's and saving up for a Delta NR to plug into my Denali V1 over time. They simply improve everything that I've plugged them into.