View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 10:23 PM

It depends on which processor you have and which pre-amp you choose and the sound you prefer. I have a switch box where I can transfer the front two channels between any processor or pre-amp. My C-34 sounded better than my MX-119 and 120 but not as good as my MX 151. Its all about personal choice. I love the C-500 T and C-1000T, but neither has the features or flexibility I want. I am less enamored with the C-22III, C220 and C2200. But thats just me. I do prefer SS pre-amps , but the new ones don't have the features I need either. Thats why I stick with my C-34 with a MP 100 to improve the phono section for my analog stereo pre-amp. I liked the C-200, but doesn't have tone controls. I wish Mac would make a separate program eq with separate controls for each channel and variable HP and Low pass filters I could use it in processor loops. Then I could choose other less flexible pre-amps. But until then I'll stick with my C-34. It might be fun to have a C-53 if it were more flexible, it has to sound better than my C34 and it has that +Digital input module.