View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 11:09 AM

Andrew it is an absolute pleasure to have you here. I am really in-tune with your philosophy and approach to loudspeaker design, I own the CR1's which are truly a testament to your approach and proof that you are absolutely one of the best in the business! You can consider me a very happy customer!

I have a few questions that I would love to get your perspective on.
  • Positioning - the manual provides some indication but what have you found to work the best? A near equilateral triangle with the distance between the speakers a little reduced? Speaker axis pointed along the triangle directly at the listening position? Is there an optimal distance away from the speakers?
  • Do you recommend 'upgraded' jumper wires or are the stock jumpers integral to the voicing? Have you noticed advantages in bi-wire configuration? I understand you are very happy with the performance of Siltech cables in context of a full TAD system?
  • What do you consider optimal room sizes for the CR1 and R1?
  • The CR1's are obviously great for integration into smaller listening spaces. They dig down all the way to 30Hz but to achieve a true <20Hz full range system sub-woofers can be positioned independently from the speakers to achieve a good linear bass response making this much easier to realize in such spaces. Have you experimented with this? What type of sub-woofer implementation/design would you recommend for a seamless blend with the speakers?

If you could answer any part of these questions it would be hugely appreciated!

Regards,
Joost

Last edited by jdebonth; 06-21-2012 at 11:13 AM.